Tuesday 23 May 2023

More Bootlegs, I guess (Part 2)

 Do people still write blogs?

A lot has changed, for me and in the world in general. Bejungle'd had always been a place to vent my thoughts but things like Twitter forced me to reel it in. As I am now taking a Twitter hiatus I find myself thinking of my first love again - Donkey Kong Country.

Between this and my last post we literally had the announcement of the Mario movie, the release of the Mario movie, and the end of the Mario movie's cinematic run. Hell, I think K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie in Smash were after my last post. All are very important parts in the greater Rare universe I want to cover at some point, when writing isn't as hard anymore.

I've been between colleges and struggling with home life. And also hyperfixations went all over the place. Currently, it's The Simpsons. If you think about it, there's not a lot of visual difference between General Klump and Barney Gumble... and that explains a lot about my taste in men.

Yeah ok it sounded better in my head. Sad fat guys who are surprisingly good at music and have wonky teeth?

Anyway. Vinny of Vinesauce fame was going over the DKC TV show's music, and I felt compelled to barf my DK-adjecent thoughts out on my designated DK-thought-spot.

I came to think of bootlegs. Swing on a vine with me and I'll see you after the break!


Good news! We have finally achieved a bootleg King K. Rool.

King K. Rool 30CM Bowser Plush Doll
*twentieth century fox theme played on kazoo*

Indeed, at what cost? He looks good! Almost perfect! But then those eyes, man. What happened? K. Rool ate a bee, obviously. Thankfully, I am a wannabe plush artist and can easily fix that if I ever get him. Smash made him more popular, at least! I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't protective about him as a character. Holy triple negative... still! We could have done a lot worse! He seems purely based off of his Smash appearance, judging from the tattered cape and the claws.

Not DK, but still topically relevant;

My friend who is a Fawful enthusiast, probably the biggest one, was especially excited to discover that their favourite guy got a bootleg of his own!


Contrary to popular belief, he does not very much care for mustard specifically!

And he looks great! It helps that there have been a lot of Fawfuls made by independent plush artists on Etsy, which was probably what they were based off on. His cape is interpreted as a hoodie, however. Still, I consider this an absolute win for obscure bootlegs filling in the void not filled by official manufacterers.

He joins the Bowletta plush which has been around for a while longer, presumably because editing a Bowser plush is fairly easy.


I think Cackletta might have liked mustard, though.

This character is often met with people finding them especially amusing because they have breasts. I mean... yeah, they do. Sure. I'm not phased.

I hope the Mario movie will re-ignite interest in Donkey Kong and supporting characters. I mean, we got Swanky Kong existing for the first time in nearly 20 years! And Chunky Kong, even, presumed dead, appeared in perfect health. And thank goodness! Lanky Kong, however, is oddly absent. 

Anyway, I will hopefully post more in the future. Up next: Donkey Kong references in The Simpsons. I'm sure you're all super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment